Worth knowing in Warsaw
- Palace of Culture and Science 0.5 km
- Golden Terraces 1.1 km
- Centrum Handlowe Arkadia 2.8 km
- The Warsaw Rising Museum 2.2 km
- Royal Castle 1.2 km
- National Museum 1.2 km
- Frederic Chopin Museum 0.8 km
- Museum of the History of Polish Jews 1.9 km
- Zachęta – National Gallery of Art 0.5 km
- Saxon Garden 0.5 km
- Łazienki Królewskie 2.3 km
- Krasińskich Park 1.5 km
- Teatr Wielki – Polish National Opera 0.8 km
- National Philharmonic 0.4 km
- Frederic Chopin (WAW) 8.4 km
- Modlin (WMI) 35.5 km
Central Railway Station:
- PKP Warszawa Centralna 1.1 km
The currency in Poland is the Polish Złoty (PLN) 1 PLN = 100 groszy.
Coins circulate in denominations of 1 PLN, 2 PLN, 5 PLN and 10, 20 and 50 groszy; banknotes are in denominations of 10, 20, 50, 100 and 200 PLN.
Currency should be exchanged at a registered exchange centre. There is no commission for the exchange. Note that cash should not be exchanged on the street or with bystanders.
We have few exchange places close by, one even open 24/7
Warsaw is in the Europe Central time zone (GMT +1). During the period from March to October, it is ‘summer time’.
There is a change of time twice a year in Poland:
- on the last weekend in March, clocks switch from winter to summer time, and move forward one hour;
- on the last weekend in October, clocks switch to daylight saving time for winter, and move back one hour.
In Warsaw-Poland, the voltage is 230V, 50 Hz. The plug is the standard European double plug.
EMERGENCY- call 112
Special emergency number for foreigners: +48 608 599 999, +48 22 278 77 77
From June 1 to September 30: Mon.-Sun. 8 am – 10 pm, information in English, German and Russian.
January 1 – New Year’s Day
January 6 – Epiphany
Easter Sunday and Monday
May 1 – Labour Day
May 3 – May Third National Day (Constitution Day)
May – Pentecostal Sunday – moveable feast (not tied to a specific date)
May/June – Corpus Christi – moveable feast, always celebrated on a Thursday
August 15 – Assumption of the Holy Virgin Mary
November 1 – All Saints’ Day
November 11 – Independence Day
December 25 and 26 – Christmas
During public holidays shopping malls, supermarkets, shops and state offices are closed.
Next to Oki Doki we have a 24/7 shop open no worries then!